Sunday, August 19, 2007

Take Action Against Spammers

I just recently noticed my entire content on another site without my permission. They are getting it through my feed. Don't ask me how because I really don't know how it all works. I will tell you this. If you come across a site that has "taken" your content, then you need to do a couple of things.
First, you need to leave a comment asking them to remove the content from their site.
Second, you need to report it. The site I found was on Blogspot, so I reported it to Blogger, as well as, Google.
Third, you can put a warning in your feed footer. Something like "if you are not reading this at ______, then you are reading stolen content." I would also include an email so they can inform you of any thieves they come across.

I came across an informative article on this just a few minutes ago. Check out "How to Complain and Report Spam Blogger Blogs" over at Quick Online Tips.

Darren, over at Problogger was kind enough to reply to my email about this situation. He was already aware of the situation because his content is on this site as well. Thank you Darren for the lightning fast reply to my email.

4 Comments:

Kyle and Svet Keeton said...

Thanks for the link, added your to my post.

Kyle Keeton

Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife said...

You bet!

Unknown said...

This is information that we all need to pass along, as I will. This is becoming annoying and a problem. I have seen it reported by several bloggers this week. Thanks for the tips.

Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife said...

Yes it is! My content isn't anything too special but it's still MINE. I think we need to all step up and do what we can to nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand. Thanks for stopping by! I don't see your url or I would visit your blog.