Friday, November 16, 2007

Small Things Make a Difference

Today I want to talk about a couple of things that can make a big difference.

1. Make sure your "Email this Post" is turned on. A good friend of mine pointed this out. This is a good way to get it distributed to people who may not have knowledge of your site.

2. Have your links open in a new window! I think this is a very important one. If someone clicks on a link you have provided you want them to be directed to that site but you also want them to stay at your site. If you don't have them to open in a new window, then you risk their attention being redirected to other possible links at other sites. It requires basic html knowledge so I will give you an example:
Say you are going to check out some credit resources.. notice that in the second link I added target="_blank". This is what makes it open in a new window.



4 Comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the hints!

Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife said...

I found them useful and I'm sure you will too. Thanks for stopping by.

Rosa Hayes Florence said...

I prefer to have my links open up in the same window because I know how irritating that it can be to have a million links open up at one time. If they are still interested in what I have to say, then they can either hit the back button and subscribe to my rss. This is just my opinion on this. Some people do like to do what you do, but I find it annoying and I try to think about what my readers would think.

-Gaje Master

Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife said...

Rosa~~I have definately thought about this issue. And putting it like that, makes me want to do away with it. You are definately right, if they want to keep reading then they can hit the go back button! Good point and thanks for visiting.