Saturday, May 19, 2007

Getting New Readers-3 Part Series---PART 3

I combined parts 1 and 2...if you didn't get to read them you can scroll down or
Read them here.

16. Blog Carnivals - submitting posts to Blog Carnivals.

17. Memes - I’ve picked up a handful of wonderful friends and readers through initiating the “Thursday Thirteen. Yeah, a meme. Bloggers want to know about bloggers, not just the business aspect of it but the *person* writing the blog. Reading a quick list of “getting to know me” type tidbits gives me instant inside information on whether or not I will become a regular visitor. Some participants have used it solely to gain business, but frankly I think that turns people away. People are interested in people first, and what they do second. It works.

18. Frequent Posting - I also try to post frequently. I find that the more I post, the more readers I have. The less comments, but the more readers.”

19. Guest Bloggers - I invite other bloggers to guest blog and allow always one link back to their site. I have 3 active guest authors … and in return they link to my site from time to time.

20. Get Links from Other Blogs - Getting mentioned on other sites and blogs in the same niche, I think, has been the best way to get a readership who keeps returning to a blog. Make contact with other bloggers in yoru niche via comments, email, AIM, skype, homing pigeons - whatever.

21. Newsletters - The Zookoda newsletter provides nice spikes and people tend to forward the newsletter to their friends.

22. Social Networks - Submit your story to Digg and reddit and, regardless of whether it makes the front page or not, you get 50-100 free hits. The easiest way to generate quick exposure. Failing that, comment frequently on blogs that you like. With any luck, the blog author will want to find out more about you, follow the link to your blog, and perhaps write a post referencing one of your posts.

23. Pitch Your Posts - I view other bloggers as a PR pros view journalists working in traditional media. I reach out to bloggers using tactics successfully employed in the world of professional media relations. For instance, I “pitch” specific posts that they might find adds value to topics they are writing about. I also send email introducing them to my blog, but only if there’s a good fit between my blog and theirs. The key is to be very selective in approaching the “media gatekeeper”–just as successful and smart media relations people do.


These are just some ideas to help get new readers...Good Luck!

1 Comment:

Proletariatof1 said...

great series of posts.

thanks

Cman from Cman's Money Page. A blog about making money online

later all and have a profitable and productive day